If you’re a healthcare professional interested in immigrating to Canada, you may be in luck! Canada’s express entry and several provinces are favoring healthcare professionals and inviting them with very low express entry scores. And the best part is that for Express Entry and Ontario programs, you don’t need to have a job offer or a license to practice your profession in Canada.
The last express entry FSW healthcare related rounds of invites was in Oct 2023, where 3,600 Healthcare occupations were invited and the express entry score went down to 431. But what about those whose score was less than 431?
On Feb 6, 2024, Ontario invited 2,086 applicants from Express Entry pool through the Human Capital Priorities (HCP) Stream. All of these applicants had healthcare related occupations. The score ranges were very low, from 379-430. So, right now is a great time for Healthcare professionals to get into express entry and choose Ontario or All Provinces as their province of choice.
British Columbia also invited Healthcare related occupations in their recent draws. But a job offer was required from a BC employer.
SINP Also invited 48 applicants from 7 in-demand healthcare occupations on Dec 2023.
On Jan 16th and Jan 2nd, Alberta sent a total of 64 invites applicants, with express entry scores as low as 309 points. These applicants had job offer in Alberta in one of the 9 Healthcare occupations, along with a valid license.
The following 42 occupations were chosen for Ontario recent draw:
- Managers in health care
- Specialists in clinical and laboratory medicine
- Specialists in surgery
- General practitioners and family physicians
- Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
- Dietitians and nutritionists
- Occupational therapists
- Kinesiologists and other professional occupations in therapy and assessment
- Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating
- Nursing coordinators and supervisors
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- Nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants, midwives and allied health professionals
- Licensed practical nurses
- Paramedical occupations
- Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
- Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians
- Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment
- Dental hygienists and dental therapists
- Dental technologists and technicians
- Medical laboratory technologists
- Medical radiation technologists
- Medical sonographers
- Cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists
- Pharmacy technicians
- Other medical technologists and technicians
- Traditional Chinese medicine practitioners and acupuncturists
- Massage therapists
- Other practitioners of natural healing
- Dental assistants and dental laboratory assistants
- Medical laboratory assistants and related technical occupations
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
- Pharmacy technical assistants and pharmacy assistants
- Other assisting occupations in support of health services